Turbine flow meters are an excellent choice for many different applications due to their compact sensing element and they are much lighter and cost effective than some other technologies. For those reasons these meters are great options for applications in which space is limited such as on board aircraft, motor vehicles, ROVs used in the oil and gas industry, and others. Another benefit of these meters is their speed, they usually have a fast response speed about 5ms, and the fact that they are not affected by vibration. With regular turbine flow meter calibration, these meters are highly accurate and have a high level of repeatability.
Of course these meters are only as accurate as the tools and processes used to calibrate them, which it is why it is critical to take the time to find a Turbine flow meter calibration service provider who is qualified for the job. Many times, a third party calibration lab is the best choice because dealing directly with manufacturers may not provide you with the turnaround time, price, traceability, or certifications you may be looking for. So how do you choose the right calibration lab?
- Research the labs in your area and get a list of their capabilities, certifications, standards, and other background information to ensure they have the basic qualities you are looking for.
- Review the lab’s calibration certificates for completeness and to make sure they include all of the parameters you will need in your documentation.
- Do you require NIST traceability- does the lab offer that?
- Do you have other tools that need to be calibrated? Working with one provider is the best option, so choose one that has a broad range and can calibrate many, if not all, of your other instruments.
- Does the lab have on-site service options? What about pickup and delivery?
- What else is important to you?
Located in Northeast Ohio, e2b calibration is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibration and repair laboratory providing a full scope of services (traceable to NIST) for most popular calibration, test, and measurement instruments including turbine flow meter calibration. Services are provided in our climate-controlled, state-of-the-art laboratory with on-site services, and local pick-up and delivery available on request. A web-based document and asset management portal provide customers with instant access to certificates of calibration, asset information, and cal due reports.