Companies have thousands of assets spread across facilities and job sites near and far which makes it pretty tough to know where your assets are now, where they have been, who used them most recently, when they were last calibrated, which jobs they were used on, etc. Being able to answer those questions is critical in many ways; safety, compliance, cost savings, and more. In industries where safety and compliance are among the highest priorities, being able to track and manage equipment calibration can be extremely helpful to ensure everything is functioning properly and all regulations are being met.
Why worry about being able to track your calibrated equipment? Below 7 benefits recognized by those who track and manage equipment calibration:
- Reducing the loss of equipment and cost associated with replacing it.
- Optimizing your equipment inventory.
- Tracking maintenance schedules and documents.
- Accelerating reaction time to critical events.
- reducing the amount of time spent looking for information on an asset thereby increasing productivity.
- Improved employee safety by ensuring that all tools and assets are in good condition.
- Avoiding fines related to compliance and audits.
How can you track and manage equipment calibration? By utilizing an asset management system such as Anytime Assets, a cloud-based asset management system that allows you to track and manage virtually any asset online. Customers are given a secure login where they can monitor the progress of all their calibrated items, view a historical record of the item’s condition and services rendered, and view the item’s certificate of calibration
Anytime Assets allows users to:
- Manage asset images and attachments to quickly identify assets and related documents like manuals, service contracts, warranties, etc.
- Track asset movement from location to location or use as a tool crib with check-in and check-out capabilities.
- Set up reminders and alerts for when a certain instrument is in need of service.
- Gain the highest levels of efficiency and safety while remain compliant.
- Customize the system to fit your specific needs.
- View a transactional history which gives them a comprehensive audit trail.
- Monitor the progress of calibrated items including the historical record of it’s condition, services rendered, and it’s certificate of calibration.
Purchase Anytime Assets for your company or utilize equipment calibration tracking and management as a customer of e2b calibration. Our cloud-based document and asset management portal is provided free to customers with instant access to certificates of calibration, asset information, and reports
About e2b calibration:
Located in Northeast Ohio, e2b calibration is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibration and repair laboratory providing a full scope of NIST traceable services for calibration, test, and measurement instruments, including pressure and vacuum calibration and repair. Services are provided in a climate-controlled, state-of-the-art laboratory with on-site services, and local pick-up and delivery available on request. A cloud-based document and asset management portal provide customers with instant access to certificates of calibration, asset information, and reports.