Accuracy is important in any application that utilizes flow meter technology. But in some industries it is absolutely critical that your flow meter accuracy is just that, accurate. In applications where products are sold or purchased on the basis of a meter reading, it is highly important to make sure you know exactly how much liquid is flowing to protect your bottom line. Here are a few ways improper flow meter calibration can cost you money.
- Let’s say you are measuring something expensive, like oil. If you are not using a properly calibrated flow meter you may be giving away that expensive product!
- Another instance where flow meter accuracy is important is when you are adding a fluid into something else. This must be done with the most precise and perfectly accurate tools as mixing incorrectly can be extremely dangerous; especially in industries like chemicals or pharmaceuticals.
- Believe it or not, even billing and ordering is affected by your flow meter accuracy. If you are off on your measurements you may be giving away/bringing in more/less liquid than you realize which will have an impact on your supply/demand. Additionally how will you know if you are properly charging customers if you are not confident in your measurements?
For those reasons (and many more) timely calibration is necessary for flow meter accuracy. But what does ‘timely’ mean? That depends greatly on your application, conditions, or mandates from governing bodies. Flow meters that are used frequently and/or in harsh environments will require calibration more frequently than those which are used less often in less abrasive environments.
What sets our flow meter calibration services apart?
- ISO-17025: 2005 Registered with ACLASS
- ANSI/NCSL Z540-1-1994 Certified
- NIST Traceable Wide scope of ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation
- Unmatched quality systems
- Extensive capabilities across all categories of instruments
- On-site service capability
e2b calibration provides expert calibration and repair services covering a broad range of test and measurement instrumentation including flow meter calibration. All calibrations are performed using standards traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). In addition to our calibration services, you have the option to use our cloud-based asset management system, Anytime Assets, to access your test equipment information online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any location with internet access.